03 July 2005

why blog?

This blog has been a long time coming. It started last summer as an idea added to a never-ending things do list. I might as well be upfront, I am tragically addicted to list making. Every few months or so I make ambitious big goal lists (ie, research grad school), every few weeks I make a monthly list of more mundane chores (ie, check credit history), and, depending on my laziness, I make a weekly list of things to actually accomplish (ie, clean the tub).

Of course, as a teacher, I make tons of lists with titles such as Monday Before Kids, Things to Do at Naptime, and Great Books about the Ocean.

Typically, lists appear stream-of-consciousness-style on my journal pages, lined Post-it notepads, or blank, folded copy paper. Not so for the list titled Questions to Explore through Blogging. Instead, I wound up with this cheesy list:
  • How different are day care and preschool settings?
  • Does Montessori work in a variety of economic settings?
  • Who is reporting and analyzing early childhood issues on the web?
  • Who is taking care of these issues in print media?
  • Who are the other intellectually-oriented early childhood educators out there?

So, these will be a start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home